You can begin using Cognos by following some simple steps:
- Get your browser ready – Before you begin, you'll need to get your internet browser ready for interactive reporting. You can do so by enabling your browser to trust Cognos.
- Get started with Cognos – Learn about the features of Cognos as well as how to navigate the application by following the steps outlined in our Cognos 11 Navigation instructions.
- Familiarize yourself with Cognos Reporting – Complete with screenshots and step-by-step instructions, our Cognos Reporting documentation outlines basic techniques for creating your own ad-hoc reports.
- Dive Deeper into Useful Cognos Features:
- Fiscal year end processing – Learn more about the FYE Processing Phases.
So, what are you waiting for? Log into Cognos at https://cdw.qdb.ucla.edu and get reporting!
Connecting to QDB Database
Step One - Configure the SQL Server Driver
You will first need to make a one-time change to your workstation. This change will add the QDB Production SQL Server as a System Data Source in your Control Panel and will configure the SQL Server Driver. This only needs to be done the first time you connect to QDB; if you have already done this step, skip ahead to Step Two.