Individual Box Accounts
UCLA provides a free enterprise Box account to all faculty, staff, and students. All accounts offer a 15 gigabyte per file upload limit and other enterprise features such as version history.
If you need assistance at any time with your Box account, please contact the IT Support Center at email@example.com or by phone at (310) 267-HELP (4357).
To access your UCLA Enterprise Box Accounts, follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://ucla.account.box.com/login.
2. Click the blue "Continue" button.
3. Wait to be directed to the UCLA Logon page.
4. Enter your UCLA Logon ID and Password.
If you currently have a personal Box account using your UCLA official email address, you will not be able to create a new UCLA Enterprise Box account. You will need to do the following:
Make sure you know your official UCLA email address (which might not be your @ucla.edu email):
- Log in to the UCLA Logon ID management page.
- Select "Manage UCLA Logon ID" and log in with your UCLA Logon ID and password.
- Take note of your official email address, listed fourth from the top, just below your ID number.
To KEEP your existing personal Box account and add a UCLA Box Enterprise account:
- Change the primary email address associated with your personal account to use an email address other than your official email address.
- Remove your official email address from your personal account entirely.
- Log into https://ucla.account.box.com/login with your UCLA Logon ID and password to create and start using your Box at UCLA.
Note: We recommend that you use your UCLA Box Enterprise account for any institutional content.
To REPLACE your existing personal Box account with a UCLA Box account:
- Change the email address associated with your personal account to use an email other than your official email address or any other UCLA email address.
- After you have changed your personal account email address, login to https://ucla.account.box.com/login with your UCLA Logon ID and password to create and start using your Box at UCLA.
- Manually copy any files you want to keep from your personal account to your UCLA Box Enterprise account.
- Once all the preceding steps have been completed, you can delete your account.
Do not delete/deactivate your account if your official email address is still associated with it as that will tie up the email address needed to create your UCLA Enterprise Box account.
Update your email alias
Your UCLA Box account is tied to your official UCLA email address. While you cannot change your primary email address in UCLA Box, it is possible to add multiple email addresses as "aliases," which other people can use when inviting you as a collaborator. This ensures all your emails point to one account and prevents the creation of another UCLA Box account.
To add an email alias to your UCLA Box account:
1. Log into UCLA Box.
2. In the upper right-hand corner, click on the Gear Icon, then select
3. Scroll down to the Login and Email Addresses section and click on the Add more emails link.
4. Enter your email address in the text field and click Save.
5. A confirmation email will be sent the address you just added. Until you verify the address, it will appear greyed out on the Account Settings page and will not be usable as an alias.
6. To confirm the change, check the inbox of the alias address and look for an email with the subject "Verify email for Box account:" and click the Verify Your Email » button included in the message.
7. A Box login page will open with your official address filled in. Although it will not look like the UCLA Box login page, it will still log you into your UCLA Box account. Enter your UCLA Logon and password and click Log In.
8. You should be brought to a page with the message Your email address is now verified. You can click the Continue to Your Account button to finish logging into your account.
9. You can now proceed with entering additional alias emails by repeating the above steps. If you would like to remove an alias address, simply go back to the Account Settings page, hover over the alias, and click the Remove link that appears to the right of the address.