Based upon the Microsoft Exchange architecture, Enterprise Messaging (EM) provides email, calendar, and contacts to your computer, phone, and browser.
EM is funded through the Technology Infrastructure Fee (TIF) and is available to interested departments on an opt-in basis. Departmental IT teams provide first level support for their end users. The service is delivered in a “hybrid” mode, so departments can elect to move to Office 365 and get larger mailbox quotas, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Web Apps, iOS Apps, and an improved Outlook Web App. The service is used by over 65 Campus departments and hosts over 200 distinct email domains.
Skype for Business is also available to interested departments.
Enterprise Messaging provides:
- Enterprise Support for a wide range of mobile devices through Exchange ActiveSync technology
- Multiple layers of virus protection and anti-spam filtering
- Support for a wide range of email clients (Mac Mail, Outlook on both Macintosh and Windows platforms)
- Outlook Web App (OWA) provides a rich feature set from a wide range of Internet browsers
- Regular maintenance windows selected to minimally impact operating units
- Service is monitored on a 7x24 basis with support being provided by a team of experienced administrators
- Clustered servers are located at data centers on campus for increased reliability
- Hosted in data center locations that include UPS protection, resilient network connectivity, automatically activated generators, and redundant HVAC capability
Enterprise Messaging is available to interested departments on an opt-in basis. For more information, email email@example.com or call (310) 794-5678.
Note: Departmental IT teams provide first-level support for their end users, for Enterprise Messaging issues.
|Standard Phone Support||After-Hours Support (Urgent)||CONTACT INFO|
Monday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
|Monday: 6 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Tuesday: 6 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Wednesday: 6 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Thursday: 6 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Friday: 6 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Saturday: All Day
Sunday: All Day