Enterprise Messaging: Accessing Emails via the Web
Accessing your email via the web
There are two ways you can access your email via the web, depending on whether your account has been migrated to Office 365 or is still on an Exchange server.
Office 365 users
Outlook Web App users
Outlook Web App (OWA) provides anytime, anywhere remote email connectivity to your EM account via an internet connection. OWA works with Internet Explorer and Firefox on the PC, and with Safari and Firefox on the Macintosh. Click here for a tutorial.
Off Campus Connectivity
Support is provided for Outlook Web App, RPC over HTTPS, POP3/SSL, IMAP4/SSL, and Microsoft Entourage on Macintosh via Web DAV, https, or IMAP4. Additionally, use of a VPN client will provide the same options available from within UCLA. Click here for more information.
Changing Your EM Password
Get help changing your EM password. In fact, synchronize your EM and UCLA account password so you have fewer to remember.
More Outlook Web App Help
- How to log in to OWA (PDF)
- Changing your EM Password in Exchange 2010
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Items in OWA
- Out of Office Setup for OWA
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Items in Outlook
- Global Address List (GAL)
- Out of Office Setup
- How to create an automatic reply (Out of Office) message in Outlook Web App
- How to create an email signature in Outlook Web App
- Configuring Shared Mailbox Profiles in Outlook
- Accessing a Shared Email Account
- Adding a Delegate to the Outlook Mailbox
- Viewing Public Folders in Outlook
- Checking Mailbox Size
- How to create a mailbox rule in Outlook Web App
- How to add a new calendar in Outlook Web App
- Free/Busy Options (video)