Creating a virtual campus environment with Slack
Slack will create a unified digital collaboration and messaging experience that meaningfully connects students, faculty, and staff, while protecting users and data from harm at this critical time in our history.
Digitize and elevate the campus experience
- Complement the classroom experience for students and faculty
- Modernize and foster greater connection within the UCLA campus
- Increase security and student protection through the use of a Slack Enterprise Grid
Pave the way for the future of higher ed
- Provide a platform for students, faculty, and staff to collaborate in order to positively contribute to addressing the global pandemic
- Pioneer a new way of working and peer collaboration across the university and the industry
- Improve cross-campus collaboration with varying groups throughout UCLA
Unify UCLA on a single digital platform
- Streamline communications through the use of Slack as a unified platform
- Bring together schools and functions across UCLA that currently use differing digital tools
- Integrate tools (e.g., Zoom, Google Suite) and simplify access to information to streamline processes
Getting Started with Slack
Learn more about how to use Slack with our how-to guide.
- Phase 1: Launch
- Configure Slack based on stakeholder input, define the governance model, launch communications, and deploy Slack Enterprise Grid, providing access to students, faculty, and staff.
Phase 1: August – September 2020
Slack Enterprise Grid operational and in use for early adopters: Sept. 21, 2020
BruinTech Information Sessions: week of Sept. 21. Please see the BruinTech Slack briefing.
- Phase 2: Adopt*
- Adopt the Slack platform campus wide, and pilot key Slack features with select classes, organizations, and departments, educating targeted stakeholders on how to best leverage Slack's full functionality.
Not sure how you'd use Slack? Read use cases for students, faculty, and staff.
Want to get started with Slack? Learn how with our guide.
* We are currently in this phase.
- Phase 3: Mature
- Extend the use of Slack among students, faculty, and staff for use across classes, organizations, departments, and general communication.
- Phase 4: Expand
- Track adoption and engagement using metrics and KPIs, providing additional use cases and opportunities to simplify and streamline methods of working with Slack.