Choosing the right device for MFA
Multi-Factor Authentication for UCLA Logon works seamlessly with your smart devices. Using a smartphone or tablet provides the best experience. It's as easy as a push of a button. To get started, all you need to do is download the free DUO mobile app using your favorite app store (i.e. Google Play or Apple App Store).
To download DUO mobile:
We recommend generating a set of one-time use passcodes via text messaging as a backup in case you lose your cell phone. Instructions are provide below:
- Smartphones and Tablets: You can request single-use passcodes directly from the Duo Mobile app, even when your mobile device is in airplane mode or lacks cell service.
- Simply open the app and tap the Passcode button. Depending on your device, this button may say Generate Passcode, Generate Token Code or, it may be an image of a key.
- Enter the code provided in the Passcode field of the Duo verification screen.
- Mobile Phone: If you do not have the Duo Mobile App installed on a smartphone, you can request a batch of passcodes to be sent via text message to your cellphone before you depart for your travel.
- From the Duo verification screen, press Send SMS passcodes. You will receive ten single-use codes via text message, which will allow you to authenticate up to ten times during your travel. You will need to request the passcodes before you leave, or while in an area with cell service, as you will need a cell connection to receive the text message on your phone.
- You may request additional batches of passcodes while in areas with cell service (your carrier’s roaming or international texting rates will apply). Requesting a new batch of passcodes will invalidate any unused codes from the previous batch.
What if I don't have a smartphone?
If you do not have a smartphone, we support the following devices and methods:
- Phone calls to a cell phone or landline
- Text messages to a cell phone
- Duo Hardware Tokens are available for purchase at the UCLA Computer Store in Ackerman Union (B-Level). Please ask a Computer Store Technologist for assistance.