Box is rolling out a new web user interface (UI) design to all Box users, effective on July 1st, 2021. The new web UI introduces an improved user experience that gives you the power to effortlessly organize, access, and work with your most important content. With the new web experience, a new organization feature called “Collections” will be made available to enable you to create and name private collections of content in your Box account, where you can intuitively organize files and folders that you own or share, and quickly find the content you need.
FAQs About the New UI for Box
1. Are any features deprecated in this version of the UI?
No features were removed for this release. You have access to all the familiar features within Box.
2. Are there new features I should learn to use?
Yes, Box added a new organization feature called Collections. Collections enable you to create and name private groupings of content in your Box account, where you can organize files and folders that you own or share. Although the content may be shared, your collections are not shared and are visible only to you.
3. Did any features move location?
Yes, Box modified the location of a few key actions in Box:
- When you select a folder row in Box, the Share button was previously located on the right side of the app in the folder detail pane. The Share button is now a primary action in the top action bar.
- The ability to add an item to Favorites moved out of the top left breadcrumb to the top right of the action bar. You can now add an item to Favorites or My Collections.
- All action buttons in the action bar have been optimized for display based on top actions you take in Box. Any action you no longer see is still accessible in the top action bar. To see the full list of actions, click the ellipsis button "...".
Helpful Links About Box Collections
Should you have any questions about Box, please feel free to contact our IT Support Center at (310) 267-HELP (4357) or email@example.com.